If you want to learn more about us, you’re in the right place. Read about our History, Mission and Vision and why we are Adventists.
The people at Mary’s Hill SDA church are Bible-believing Christians who base their faith, hope and future in Jesus Christ and his soon return. As Seventh-day Adventists we accept the Bible as the only source of our beliefs. We consider our movement to be the result of the Protestant conviction Sola Scriptura—the Bible as the only standard of faith and practice for Christians.Our church is part of a large and growing organization consisiting of thirteen (13) Divisions, which are composed of churches grouped into unions, conferences, fields, missions or regions. The Caribbean Union Conference is a part of the Inter-American Division (IAD) located in Miami, United States of America. Additionally, the Adventist denomination promotes education at all levels, from elementary and high schools. In our territories we offer both primary and secondary education
- You would like to acknowledge Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, for the first time publicly before the Church and the world. If you have never been baptized, we will teach you its meaning and schedule a time for you and others to be baptized in a future service.
- You have previously professed your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and been baptized, but have not been an active member of another Seventh-day Adventist Church (Re-Baptism)
Individuals who have accepted the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh day Adventist Church and who desire membership in the Church on profession of faith may be accepted under any of the following four circumstances:
- A committed Christian coming from another Christian communion who has already been baptized by immersion as practiced by the Seventh day Adventist Church.
- A member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who, because of world conditions, is unable to secure a letter of transfer from his/her home church.
- A member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church whose request for membership transfer has received no response from the church where he/ she is a member. In such a case the church shall seek assistance of the conference or conferences involved.
- An individual who has been a member, but whose membership has been misplaced or has been withdrawn because he/she was a missing member, yet who has remained faithful to his/her Christian commitment
Coming to Visit?
We Have Church Services Three times per week – Sunday Evenings, Wednesday Evenings and our Main Sabbath/Saturday services. Our Church is always open unless we are on out-reach programs (please check out website for these dates)
We believe modesty as outlined in 1 Timothy 2:9. As such SDA’s don’t wear jewelry or heavy makeup, piercings, tatoos etc. Our bodies are God’s temple and we are to treat it as such. – 1 Cor 6:19-20